The Church building is now open for Sunday worship at 9am and 10.45am
The information and rationale below outlines what restrictions we will keep in place (this information is valid from Sunday 25th July and will remain until 29th August). Keeping everyone safe is our number one priority and so as you read our plans going forward please pray for us all and particularly for those who will join us for the first time or return to worship for the first time after lockdown. If you have any questions please do contact Sarah or one of the wardens.
Before the service and on arrival
- There will be no restrictions on the number of people who can attend Sunday services
- You will not need to pre-book or have your temperature taken on arrival
- If you have a Covid App on your phone we would encourage you to scan the QR code on arrival
- We will continue to ask you to sanitise hands on arrival and when using the facilities.
- Although it will no longer be a legal requirement to wear a face covering, the government has stated that it “expects and recommends” that people wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed settings to protect themselves and others
Furthermore, whilst the requirement for social distancing has legally come to an end we want to ensure that everyone feel welcome and comfortable as they worship. In order to respect people’s personal space we would ask:
- Anyone attending in person worship 9am/10:45am to wear face mask, except for children and those who are exempt.
- Where possible we would ask you to remain in your bubbles.
- Some may want to put a bag, kneeler beside you to keep your distance
- You will notice that some pews have kneelers on them. Please refrain from sitting on them so that we can keep socially distanced.
- For some easing of restrictions brings additional risk to themselves or those they love and they remain vulnerable to the virus. In order to ensure everyone can come back to church we have created a red zone, to the right of the sound desk. This will be a designated seating area for those who may still need to shield.
In the service
- During the service the doors will remain open to ensure we have as much ventilation as possible
- Singing will be permitted but we would ask people to wear their masks.
- It would be lovely to hug everyone once again but we must recognise that many people still haven’t hugged their own family. Please respect people’s personal space and check with people first
Leaving and after the service
- Exiting church – Please ensure you give people room when leaving the building.
- We would encourage people to chat to each other outside of the building were possible.
- Refreshments will not be served between or after the services. This will be reviewed in September.
- The 9am service will remain the same. Communion over the summer will be in one kind (wafer) only. People will remain in their seats and a member of the clergy will bring communion to you. This will be reviewed at the end of the summer.
- We will remain seated to share the peace with a wave.
- There will be no communion service at 10:45am over the summer. This will be reviewed in September.
- We will aim to have a shorter service at 10:45 over the summer and will aim to finish by 11:30am
- This service will be recorded and live-streamed if you or anyone you know is not comfortable about being on camera please see a warden and they will direct you to an area of church that is not in line with the camera.
In addition to Sunday Worship, the following are also held on Zoom and or our Facebook page – morning prayer at 9am (Monday, Tuesday & Thursday) and compline between 6:30- 7pm on Sunday & Wednesday.
Join a Zoom meeting by Computer, Phone or iPad
- Click on the “Join a Meeting” button and use Meeting ID: 975 445 0068 and Password (Email – firstname.lastname@example.org for the password)